Thursday 11 August 2011

Head winds and other trials

I can't say this weeks weather is what I would want for next week but I've had 2 good cycles out in the pouring rain and strong headwinds. I keep telling myself that it is good for me but I really won't enjoy cycling 200 plus miles into strong winds. This week they have been from the N.W. It would be great if they move round to the N.E. I won't hold my breath.
I've also revised my itinerary so that I will be going further on Sunday night and stopping with cousin Roger and wife, Rose at Netherley. Roger and his late wife (my amazing cousin) Ally, cycled all over the world including across Canada, New Zealand, Vietnam, Cambodia and more so I am hoping to get some free advice along with a bed for the night. Thanks Rog and Rose
I have mastered the clippless pedals......when I remember that I'm wearing them. I only fell off once, having forgotten as I approached a junction. I am also practicing using my i-phone for my blog.
Finally I had the sad news yesterday that my brother-in-law, George, died after many years of poor health including a kidney transplant. George has sponsored me on this trip so I will be thinking of him and his own special form of bravery, he has endured a lot over the years. I am hoping to be able to get to the funeral next week by getting the train from wherever I am on my trip. My thoughts are with Ray, Caroline, George and Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment